With just two weeks away from the start of the next season of the American Idol, the show has confirmed that country superstar Luke Bryan is going to be the second judge. The country star will be joining Katy Perry for the series’ reboot on ABC. Although the third spot is not yet filled, word from the inside of the production is that the TV series will stick with a panel of three judges and not four.
One of the reported artist to take the judges’ seat was Lionel Ritchie. However, he appears to no longer be running for the spot. Other artists considered for the panel were Charlie Puth and Keith Urban, but it looks unlikely that either will round out the judges’ table.
The original host of the American Idol, Ryan Seacrest is returning to the show. He told the reporters backstage at this weekend’s iHeartRadio Music Festival that an announcement about judges is expected imminently.
The show is slated to premiere in early March, launching its debut episode shortly after the Oscar Awards, which will be held on March 4. It is still unclear where the show will sit on ABC’s primetime schedule, however, it is believed to be airing on Sunday and Monday nights.
Luke Bryan, who has released five albums since 2007, has seen his last three releases debut at number-one on Billboard’s Top Country charts. He is set to be honored on CMT’s “Artist of the Year” special on October 18. He will be joining Chris Stapleton, Florida Georgia Line, Jason Aldean, Keith Urban, and Sam Hunt on the broadcast.
Do you think Luke Bryan has to be qualified to be the second judge of the American Idol? Let us know by leaving a comment below and don’t forget to share this news to other country fans. As a Bonus, here’s a song from Luke Bryan
american idol, Luke Bryan
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Freddy Fender’s “Before The Next Teardrop Falls” Is Romantic Enough To Wreck You
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?