27-year-old Lukas Nelson is Willie Nelson’s son, and frontman of the California-based band, Lukas Nelson & Promise of the Real. For years, Lukas has chosen to reside in a friend’s cabin far from the city. Based on the video of his song cover, the cabin provided just the right backdrop for Lukas’ enigmatic singing and lighthearted piano playing.
In the video he uploaded, fans could watch his impromptu performance of one of his father’s hits, Funny How Time Slips Away. Below the video clip, was a short description written by him. It read,
“One of my favorite tunes my dad has written. (Apologies to real piano players).
Lukas sang the song clearly, with a nonchalant, easy-going vibe and confidence that matched the mood of the song. Although his piano skills could still need some improvement, the undeniable resemblance of his singing voice to that of his dad’s, made his mini show worth watching and more endearing to all the viewers. The melody he produced was warm with emotion, as though it were casting a light spell to all the people who watched the video and listened to his soothing rendition.
Lukas’s cover of Funny How Time Slips Away is yet another proof that he did not just inherit his dad’s musical gift. He has also chosen to take a similar path and continue his father’s burning legacy. Even Willie’s fans were so moved and happy, they felt reassured that the one-of-a-kind music brought to the world by Nelson will continue on for a longer period of time.
If you ask us, we’re just as enchanted by Lukas’ cover and we’re also looking forward to a string of follow-up covers of his dad’s songs. Who knows, maybe a father-son duet could be next!
What are your thoughts on this rendition by Lukas? What song would you want him to cover next?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend