“Your Love’s on the Line” is a song recorded by American country music artist Earl Thomas Conley. Written by along with Randy Scruggs, son of Earl Scruggs, it was the lead single from the Don’t Make It Easy for Me album.
April 1983 was the release of “Your Love’s on the Line”.
Knowing that is was an Earl Thomas Conley track, it hit number one on the country chart.
On the said chart, it reigned for one week and spent a total of thirteen weeks on the chart.
Earl Thomas’ Background
After growing up in a poor environment and serving a term in the military, Conley returned home. With his love of guitar playing, songwriting, and the growing country-rock scene, he signed under Warner Brothers Records in 1977. Unfortunately, he did not achieve any substantial commercial success. Two years later, Earl left Warner to sign with the independent Sunbird label. The label showed a great deal of interest towards him. When they pushed his next record over the 50,000 unit mark, he suddenly found himself being chased by RCA Records. At that time, it was the leading country label. For over a decade since 1981, Conley worked with RCA. While at RCA, he was among the label’s biggest country stars.
Between 1983 and 1992, Conley saw his biggest success in country music. In the year 1984, he was at the peak of his singing career. His journey to the top is not like the rags-to-riches tales of other country artists. After his time in the military, Conley learned the guitar and got on his lifelong passion for country music. While he was still making his name—struggling to be a songwriter, he worked several blue-collar jobs, moonlighting at night in honky-tonks. When Conway Twitty finally recorded one of his songs and took it to the top of the country charts, Nashville started to listen.
Nowadays, Conley is no longer charting with top-10 country hits. He has remained active on the road. Mainly, we can see him in theaters, large country clubs, and outdoor fairs performing.
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- Clint Black’s Daughter, Lily Made a Classy Opry Debut
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music