Hence, this piece composed by Ms. Dottie Rambo and sang by The Isaacs. We remember that if we want to know what real love is, then we should not look further than the One who gave his life for his friends. (John 15:13).
“There’s no feeling like this,
If that isn’t love.”
The Isaacs in “If That Isn’t Love”
The God of Romance
“All human beings were created to be loved. The kind that can withstand anything, even death.”
It is interesting to note that in both the Old and New Testament books, the ruling analogy to describe God’s people is as a ‘bride’ or a ‘married woman.’ In the Old Testament, God bemoans the unfaithfulness of his ‘wife’. The parallel could not be mistaken in the New Testament with several verses attributing to Jesus purchasing his bride with his life and blood. That’s how the heavenly romance played out.
Dottie Rambo (March 2, 1934 – May 11, 2008)
With over 2500 compositions, it’s fair to say it’s her destiny to write gospel songs. It’s a feat that she joyfully received in honor of her Lord. From an early age of 8, she was already writing and singing her songs. She was a self-taught musician and an avid listener of music from the Grand Ole Opry through the radio.
She married young at age 16 with Buck Rambo. They formed their own band called The Rambos with Dottie as the lead. They were prominent in the Christian circles in the 70s to 80s.
She passed away on May 11, 2008, after being severely injured in a bus crash caused by nasty weather. A sad day and way of dying for a good woman like her.
Her notable awards are as follows:
Songwriter of the Century by the Country Christian Music Association (1994)
ASCAP lifetime-achievement award (2000) Kentucky Hall of Fame (2006)
Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame (2007)
Dottie Rambo, gospel, Johnny Cash, songwriters
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?