Hence, this piece composed by Ms. Dottie Rambo and sang by The Isaacs. We remember that if we want to know what real love is, then we should not look further than the One who gave his life for his friends. (John 15:13).
“There’s no feeling like this,
If that isn’t love.”
The Isaacs in “If That Isn’t Love”
The God of Romance
“All human beings were created to be loved. The kind that can withstand anything, even death.”
It is interesting to note that in both the Old and New Testament books, the ruling analogy to describe God’s people is as a ‘bride’ or a ‘married woman.’ In the Old Testament, God bemoans the unfaithfulness of his ‘wife’. The parallel could not be mistaken in the New Testament with several verses attributing to Jesus purchasing his bride with his life and blood. That’s how the heavenly romance played out.
Dottie Rambo (March 2, 1934 – May 11, 2008)
With over 2500 compositions, it’s fair to say it’s her destiny to write gospel songs. It’s a feat that she joyfully received in honor of her Lord. From an early age of 8, she was already writing and singing her songs. She was a self-taught musician and an avid listener of music from the Grand Ole Opry through the radio.
She married young at age 16 with Buck Rambo. They formed their own band called The Rambos with Dottie as the lead. They were prominent in the Christian circles in the 70s to 80s.
She passed away on May 11, 2008, after being severely injured in a bus crash caused by nasty weather. A sad day and way of dying for a good woman like her.
Her notable awards are as follows:
Songwriter of the Century by the Country Christian Music Association (1994)
ASCAP lifetime-achievement award (2000) Kentucky Hall of Fame (2006)
Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame (2007)
Dottie Rambo, gospel, Johnny Cash, songwriters
- Willie Nelson Found Himself In An Emotional Performance Few Weeks After His Best Friend Died
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani’s ‘Nobody But You’ Hits No. 1 and The Couple is As Thrilled As Ever
- Opposites Do Attract: Dolly Parton and Husband Carl Dean Love Story
- Conway Twitty’s No. 1 Hit is Don Gibson’s Original Recording
- Unleash Your Inner Fierce With These Beth Dutton Quotes
- Marie Osmond and Steve Craig Found Their Way Back Into Love
- Loretta Lynn Remembers Eldest Daughter In A Heart-Breaking Tribute