In 2007, Lori McKenna released her fifth studio album Unglamorous. It is a collection of folk and country songs mostly written by McKenna. The album was produced by Tim McGraw and Byron Gallimore. In addition, McKenna collaborated with some artists for her album. The following artists that McKenna worked with for her album were Faith Hill, Buddy Millet, Kelly Willis, Tim McGraw and many more.
As a Songwriter
Before she began writing songs for well-known singers, she had already released four albums (Paper Wings and Halo, Pieced of Me, The Kitchen Tapes, and Bittertown.) In 2004, her album Bittertown was released and when it reached Faith Hill, she did some covers from McKenna’s album. After that, McKenna joined the couple on a tour. She began writing songs for various artists such as Faith Hill, Sara Evans, Tim McGraw, Mandy Moore, Keith Urban and many more.
While writing songs for other artists, she still continues to release albums and singles for herself. Her latest album that she released this year is The Tree. Her album peaked at No. 39 on the Country chart. In addition, it placed at No. 9 on the US Billboard Folk Album chart.
McKenna also won various awards, especially for her songwriting skill. She won her first CMA Award for Song of the Year in 2015, with her song “Girl Crush.” In addition, “Girl Crush” also won the Grammy Award for Best Country Song in 2016. She also won CMA Song of the Year for her the song she wrote for Tim McGraw, “Humble and Kind.” She won her second Grammy award for Best Country Song in 2017. Last year she won her first ACM award for Songwriter of the Year.
Here is one of McKenna’s tracks on her album Unglamorous
faith hill, lori mckenna, tim mcgraw, Unglamorous
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- LeAnn Rimes’ unforgettable version of George Jones’ “He Stopped Loving Her Today”
- What Happened To Andy Griffith’s Children: Sam Griffith and Dixie Griffith
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend