In an interview with Nashville’s Tennessean, Loretta Lynn recalls her debut on the said stage. She says:
“The first memory I have of the Grand Ole Opry was when I went out to sing, I remember tapping my foot, and that’s it. I don’t remember even singing. Now, I was so excited.”
While laughing, she adds:
“I went off stage and thought, ‘I forgot to listen to myself sing.”
Loretta Lynn marked her debut appearance on the Opry stage as “I’m a Honky Tonk Girl,” her first single, was clinching the charts. Accustomed to driving across the country, performing and visiting radio stations, Lynn and her husband, Oliver Lynn, spent their first night in Nashville sleeping in their car.
Lynn shares what it has been sleeping in the car in front of the Opry. She says:
“He’d park it (the car) in front of the Grand Ole Opry, and I didn’t know he’d done that. I woke up and seen (sic) the Grand Ole Opry, so I could not believe I was sleeping over from the Grand Ole Opry, but that’s where we were, sleeping in the car.”
Watch Loretta Lynn shares her experience during her debut at the Opry stage:
A memory that she will cherish forever, her first performance was on October 15, 1960. It is a date that she will never forget. Two years later, on September 25, she became an official member of the Opry.
“I’d like to say, the greatest moment of my life was when they inducted me into the Grand Ole Opry. It’s a moment you only feel once in your life,” Loretta Lynn ends.
Listen to Loretta Lynn’s first performance at the Grand Ole Opry:
Any thoughts? What do you think? Tell us your reaction. Don’t forget to like and share this post. Share the country spirit, folks! For more country reads, visit our website, www.countrythangdaily.com. Also, follow us on our social media pages on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Grand Ole Opry, Loretta Lynn
- Jenny Gill is Hoping to Pave Her Own Musical Path – Meet Her Today
- Yoakam Joins Stapleton on Stage for “Seven Spanish Angels”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- One Good Deed: Country Music Star Left $1,000 Tip to Waitress Working Double with Daughter
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- The Noah’s Ark in Kentucky Is Drawing Millions of Visitors. Here’s Why!
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021