Who says God is Dead? God is with us. He is within us. He is among us. God walks with us in all of the phases of our life; from the moment we were born, up until we die. God never forsakes us. We may feel like He is gone, but the truth is, God is always there for us. We only need to trust in Him.
The Meaning of the Song “In the Garden”
“In the Garden” is a classic gospel hymn that shows God’s presence in our life. The narrator mentions that God walks with him and reminds him that we all belong to God. Therefore, if we belong to God, then, God will always be with us. Isn’t it nice to know God cares for us?
And He walks with me, and He talks with me,
He tells me I am His own,
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known
Other Versions of the Song
The gospel song “In the Garden” is one of the common hymns covered by many artists. Some known artists who recorded it were Tennessee Ernie Ford, Doris Day, Elvis Presley, Willie Nelson, Glen Campbell, and many more. Another artist who included the song on her album was Loretta Lynn.
Loretta Lynn’s Version
In 1968, Loretta released her all-gospel album Who Says God is Dead! The album is made up of eleven tracks, some of them are cover songs. “In the Garden” was one of the songs in her album. C. Austin Miles wrote it in 1913. Loretta didn’t release the hymn as a single. Thus, the song did not enter the chart. However, her album made it to the Billboard Top Country Albums chart.
Loretta Lynn’s vocals and emotional way of delivering this song made it lovely to the ears. Here’s Loretta singing “In the Garden” on one of her live performances.
C. Austin Miles, In the Garden, Loretta Lynn
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Faith Hill’s Daughters: All Grown Up and Glowed Up
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Mongolian Singer Shocks Faith Hill with George Strait Song
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend