“Willie ain’t dead yet and neither am I” were the words spoken by the Country legend to the public after she recovers from a May stroke.
Poised to release her forthcoming album, Wouldn’t It Be Great, Lynn decided that she needed to set aside the project and dedicate time for her full recuperation. “I now want to wait to release [Wouldn’t it Be Great] next year because this record is so special for me. It deserves me at my best and I can’t wait to share it.” The country singer suffered from a May stroke that left her confined in the hospital and her fans struck with worry and disbelief. However, prior to her stroke, she was still able to celebrate her 85th birthday in mid-April through two sold-out shows at the Nashville Ryman Auditorium.
In a statement, Loretta expressed her strong desire to revitalize and boost her health. “My main focus now is making a full recovery so that I can get back to putting all of me into what I love, sharing my music with all of you”. In line with her decision, her album’s release was scheduled for 2018, instead of its original date which fell on the 18th of August.
Wouldn’t It Be Great is a follow-up to Loretta’s highly commended 2016 album, Full Circle. The song is said to be a collection of songs that were written by Lynn throughout the years, along with new renditions of some of her classics. These revamped classics include Don’t Come Home A-Drinkin, Coal Miner’s Daughter, and a new recording of God Makes No Mistakes. The album was co-produced by John Carter Cash and Patsy Lynn Russell, Loretta’s daughter.
Loretta also couldn’t help but convey her utmost gratitude to her loved ones and fans, “I want to thank everyone for hanging in there with me. I am getting stronger every day and can’t wait to get back out there with all of you.”
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Did You Know Ray Price’s “City Lights” Has So Much Country Music History
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?