Lousiana Woman and Mississippi Man is one of the many duets of Loretta and Conway. The song was penned by Nashville singer-songwriters Becki Bluefield and Jim Owen. Although both legendary country artists never had a romantic involvement, the chemistry they have is evident in their performances.
Let us take a look back at the history and magic of one of the many songs that they did.
Looking an up-tempo beat song that talks about defying the odds just to dedicate to your loved one? Loretta and Conway have one for you. Let us take a look at the amazing and silly lyrics of the song:
See the alligators all a waitin’ nearby
Sooner or later they know I’m gonna try
When she waves from the bank don’t you know I know
It’s goodbye fishin’ line, see you while ago
With a Louisiana woman waitin’ on the other side
The Mississippi River don’t look so wide
When even the alligator-infested Mississippi river can’t keep two people in love, what can? It is true that love conquers all and both the singers wanted to convey that in their song.
Even back then, people relate to hopeless romanticism. When you show your courage to your loved one, you can’t just help falling in love.
Loretta and Conway Through the Years
The Cajun-infused tune was their third chart-topping country duet. This just proves that there really is magic between those two. That is why they continued making music together. The song spent 13 weeks on the country charts in 1973, peaking at number 1.
Interestingly, Conway has a good relationship with Loretta’s husband. There was no jealousy between them because her husband knows that they are professionals. This actually is the reason why the duo has a good relationship with each other. They were just good friends, and they knew that what they can do is magical.
In fact, the two of them recorded eleven albums together over the course of their career. They were the original Dolly and Kenny duo.
To listen and watch to their song here:
conway twitty, duet, Loretta Lynn, Louisiana Woman Mississippi Man
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance