“1 A good name is better than fine perfume, and the day of death better than the day of birth.”
ECCLESIASTES 7:1 NIV
GOOD MORNING Y’ALL!
THE FIRST SIP…
“…with such a profound depth…”
Long May You Run by Neil Young is a collaboration with Stephen Still after Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young (CSNY) disbanded.
This song is actually a Tribute Song to Neil Young’s 1948 Buick Roadmaster hearse that died when its transmission blew in 1965. His car was named Mort.
It talks mainly about the different travels Neil and Mort had gone through together. Them good and not so good times. The stories they shared and the wonderful memories Mort had left with Neil.
You know, Long May You Run can be translated philosophically as a beautiful ode to a dearly departed good friend or member of the family.
Yep, the lyrics are quite simple in a very direct “just how it exactly was” sort of way. But with such a profound depth that it could actually bring even a grown man to tears.
THE LAST DROP…
“We too need to get that well-deserved rest.”
Death is one hard inevitable fact of Life.
Nobody can escape death. As with everything ending at some point, so as people. We too need to get that well-deserved rest. And by God’s Mercy and Grace, hopefully with Our Creator.
As I have said not too long ago:
“Live Life to the fullest… But before you do go, please be kind enough to leave something meaningful and beautiful for others to learn from and enjoy!”
In leaving a wonderful Legacy, long may you run.
Thank you for sharing your time with us here at Country Thang Daily and Keeping It Country. We’d love to hear from all of you kind folks. Share your thoughts and own stories with us. Thanks.
You have just been “… DRINKIN’ FROM A DIXIE…”
May Y’all be Safe and Well and…
“MAY THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY BLESS US ALL AND SET US FREE!”
long may you run, neil young
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?