The deep voiced country artist, Josh Turner, has more than a dozen hit singles. He always chose to record with a wide variety of songs. The South Carolina native says that there is one style that is his personal favorite.
“Country music is built on story songs, and I love story songs. But as a performer, I’ve always kind of preferred the songs that are a little more lively and a little easier to remember,” Turner said. “There’s a lot of story songs out there that, they get a little wordy to me, especially when they start putting different words in the chorus every time. That’s a lot to remember, and it’s hard for the crowd to sing along with that too. I love a good story song; I’ve recorded a lot of them. But if I’m going to have a story song, it’s going to be something like “Hometown Girl.””
Written by hit songwriters Craig Wiseman and Justin Weaver, “All About You,” is Josh Turner’s third single from his latest album ‘Deep South’. He moved toward the tune at least in part because of how much fun it is to sing live.
“”All About You,” the version on my record anyway, is the song that just jumped right out and just grabbed me by the throat and slaps you around a little bit,” Turner explains. “It’s pretty high energy and pretty vicious when it comes to the funk factor. It’s a fun song to sing. The crowds love it. When I first heard it, I felt like it was a good, kind-of modern, hillbilly kind of song that would be great as a followup to “Hometown Girl,” because “Hometown Girl” was mellow and laid back and telling a story,” He adds. “”All About You,” it has that same sentiment, but musically, it’s very high energy and is just fun to sing.”
Do you like his favorite style? Let us know by leaving a comment below.
Josh Turner, Style
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Sandy Mahl And The Top 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Her
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Paula Nelson Joins her Father for an Amazing Rendition of “Have You Ever Seen the Rain”
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend