Linda Ronstadt is an amazing country artist and she surely left a big mark in the country music industry. Her song “Somewhere Out There” is still one of the sweetest songs you’ll ever hear.
Linda Ronstadt’s song “Somewhere Out There”
Steven Spielberg invited songwriters, Barry Mann and Cynthia Weil, to collaborate with James Horner on four songs for its soundtrack, to be completed in a four-week time frame. The composers did not feel any pressure to come up with a radio-friendly hit and it was a surprise to them when Spielberg felt the song had Top 40 hit potential. He also managed to get the amazing Linda Ronstadt and James Ingram to record a pop version of it for the film’s closing credits.
Produced by Ronstadt’s regular producer Peter Asher, the single release of the song made its debut at number 31 on the Adult Contemporary chart. In January 1987 the song returned Ronstadt to the Top 40 after a four-year absence to eventually peak at number 2 that March. Since the song was used as a soundtrack for a movie, it was a big success for both Ingram and Linda.
And even though I know how very far apart we are
It helps to think we might be wishin’ on the same bright star
And when the night wind starts to sing a lonesome lullaby
It helps to think we’re sleeping underneath the same big sky
The lyrics explored the idea of love by two people separated by vast distances. At the same time, it was cheered by the belief that their love will eventually reunite them to be with each other once again. In the main body of the film, the fictional characters singing the song are brother and sister, and the love they share is described as general.
It was a magical song with lyrics that people can relate to and this is why it was loved by music fans.
Listen to Linda Ronstadt’s song here:
Linda Ronstadt, somewhere out there
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce