Most of us have our own comfort place that we go to if we are stressed and want to relax. Moreover, this place should be quiet and peaceful. Do you have a secret place? How do you describe it? Anyway, do you remember the classic hit from Linda Ronstadt “Blue Bayou?” Originally, it was first recorded by the American singer Roy Orbison until Ronstadt released her own version which was loved by a lot of people.
Linda Ronstadt and her Classic Hit
She started her career in 1967 and has become one of the most successful women ever since. In addition, she was well-known for her wide range of genre namely rock, country, light opera, and Latin. Throughout her career, she was able to earn ten Grammy Awards, Three AMA’s, and two ACM’s. Furthermore, most of her albums were certified gold, platinum or multiplatinum. With her success, she also received nominations for Tony and Golden Globe Awards. Ronstadt also received a Grammy Lifetime Award and was included in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
Linda Ronstadt was able to release hit after hit when she was still active in the music industry. In addition, she sold more than 100 million records making her one of the world’s bestselling artists of all time. It’s just sad that she needed to retire from singing due to Parkinson’s disease.
“Blue Bayou” was originally recorded by Roy Orbison and it was released in 1963. After a few years, Linda Ronstadt has eyed the hit and she re-recorded her version in 1977. With Ronstadt’s version, the hit was able to reach global success and it sold more than two million copies in the United States. There was also a Latin version of it entitled “Lago Azul.”
Blue Bayou, Linda Ronstadt, Roy Ordison
- An Estate Fit for a King: Here’s an Exclusive Tour Around George Strait’s Texas Mansion
- Kevin Costner and wife Christine Baumgartner: The Ultimate Love
- Gone Too Soon, His Father’s Legacy Lives On: Watch Jesse Keith Whitley’s “Don’t Close Your Eyes”
- Intriguing 11 Narvel Blackstock Facts to Know
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- Do You Remember Morgan Wallen’s ‘The Voice’ Audition Seven Years Ago?
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart – 2022