How do you manage your problems when it all comes rushing to you? Do you start to become anxious? Do you constantly think about it? Or do you talk to a family or friend? There are many ways we cope with our problems, but sometimes we know that even if we talk to someone else about it, it won’t go away. Instead, of constantly worrying about your problems, why not focus on God?
The Chart Performance of “I Lift My Hands”
“I Lift My Hands” is a contemporary gospel song written by Chris Tomlin, Matt Maher, and Louie Giglio. Tomlin recorded the song for his 2010 album And If Our God Is For Us…. In 2011, he released it as a single, and it went straight to number one in four charts of the Billboard. In addition, it placed at number four on the Billboard Christian Adult Contemporary chart.
The Song’s Inspiration
The song was based on the Book of Psalm 28:2.
“Hear my cry for mercy as I call to you for help, as I lift up my hands toward your Most Holy Place.”
Tomlin told New Release Today that the song was also inspired by Giglio’s struggles in life. He said that Giglio was having panic attacks and felt that he was being consumed by darkness. But every night when Giglio feels that he is being bothered by his problems, he sings to the Lord.
The Story of the Song
The gospel song tells us that despite the trials we face in life, we can always lift our hands up and let God take away our burden. God loves us deeply that He will make sure we will live in this place peacefully.
Be still, there is a healer
His love is deeper than the sea
His mercy, it is unfailing
If you feel that there are a lot of things bothering you, do not hesitate to call on the Lord. Do not worry about the things you cannot control. Instead, take your time to pray to God.
And If Our God Is For Us, Chris Tomlin, I Lift My Hands
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- What Happened to Patsy Cline’s Children After Her Death in 1963?
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life