Fresh off far bigger shows last week in St. Paul, country music star Tim McGraw, performed for several hundred guests at a private fundraiser Sunday on Lake Minnetonka.
The spouses and children of U.S. service members that were killed or severely disabled in the line of duty were the main beneficiaries of the acoustic show “Liberty on the Lake”.
Outside the Palmer Pointe home of Snap Fitness founder Peter Taunton, boaters on the lake behind the stage were allowed to watch the show from a distance for free. Along with those who paid on dry land to hear McGraw.
McGraw and his wife, Faith Hill, held a concert Friday and Saturday at Xcel Energy Center.
The everlasting country star McGraw has merged with Snap Fitness to open a line of fitness centers that reflect his music and workouts. The fitness centers will be named Tru Mav Signature Clubs, a play on “true maverick,” and will be co-branded with Snap Fitness.
“This is a Snap Fitness event but the benefactor’s Folds of Honor. Folds of Honor, when you boil it down it’s about paying for the education of the children of families of fallen soldiers,” Snap Fitness owner and Liberty on the Lake host Peter Taunton said.
Taunton brought this charity together for his passion for philanthropy partnering with Tim McGraw, who also happens to be his business partner and a fellow supporter of the veteran cause. The show aims to raise nearly $200,000 for scholarships. All of that stays in Minnesota, for Minnesota families.
“These people have made sacrifices and in some cases, the ultimate sacrifice and it recognizes their loved one for what they did for our country,” Folds of Honor Perry Schmidt said.
Well, that is a very thoughtful gesture from celebrities like McGraw and other people who try to make a difference in this world. The veterans really deserve more for the services and sacrifices they have given to our beloved country. Hats off to Tim and the organizers of Liberty on the Lake!
faith hill, fallen soldiers, lake minnetonka, liberty on the lake, tim mcgraw, tribute
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- Meet Randy Travis’ Wife Who Stood By In Sickness and In Health
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Chris Stapleton Sings “Love’s Gonna Make It Alright,” A Song He Wrote For George Strait
- Scotty McCreery Remembers Late Grandfather at Y100’s 8 Man Jam With “Five More Minutes”