“Ring of Fire” by Lennon and Maisy
In 2013, Grand Ole Opry invited the sister duo Lennon and Maisy. They chose to sing the signature song of Johnny Cash on stage. Lennon is the older sister. She plays the acoustic guitar while singing the song on stage. The little girl is Maisy. She plays the Ukelele while singing together with her sister. Their voices are so soothing to the ear that it sounds lovely. The stripped down version of Johnny Cash’s “Ring of Fire” is one of the best. In addition, you can see how happy the sisters were as they were about to perform.
Who are Lennon and Maisy?
The sisters are originally from Canada. They moved to Nashville because their parents were widening their career in music. Their parents were the reason why Lennon and Maisy are so into music. Both their parents are musicians, and their parents have a band named The Stellas.
Lennon and Maisy began by singing and playing instruments when their parents perform in shows or festivals. However, the two rose to fame when they joined a show in Nashville. Since the family lives in Nashville, Maisy auditioned for a role in the drama series Nashville. But on the final audition, the show discovered that Maisy has a sister. Therefore, the two starred on the show.
Their first exposure to fame as a singer was when their video of the song “Call Your Girlfriend” became viral. They were even invited to perform on Good Morning America.
Albums and Singles
They released their first album in 2012 called Lennon and Maisy (Live YouTube Sessions). In addition, their version of the song “Ho Hey” entered the Billboard Country chart at number thirty-two. It also entered the Country Airplay chart. Their most recent song was “Sanctuary.” They collaborated with Charles Esten for the song.
Grand Ole Opry, Johnny Cash, Lennon and Maisy, ring of fire
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce