The Song, “Hopelessly Yours”
“Hopelessly Yours” is a song from being two people in love with strangers. It’s a song that tells the story of how a person feels after breaking up with someone they love. It tells the truth that in every breakup, there will always be love left behind and you know that a part of you will always belong to that person. It does not matter how long you have been together, as long as you have shared moments that are meaningful. Just like the narrator said,
“In spite of this hurtin’
I’ll always be
George Jones’ Recording
This song was written by Keith Whitley, Curly Putman, and Don Cook in 1986. It was first recorded by country singer George Jones in the same year. He included the song as part of his album Wine Colored Roses. George’s version was not able to enter the chart. However, his album reached No. 5 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. Moreover, three singles from his album were able to secure a spot on the chart. The singles that entered the chart were “Wine Colored Roses,” “The Right Left Hand,” and “I Turn To You.”
Lee Greenwood and Suzy Bogguss
Despite George’s version not making to the chart, other artists were able to make it. John Conlee released his version in 1989. It reached No. 67 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. However, it was Lee Greenwood and Suzy Bogguss who made the highest charting of this song. In 1991, Greenwood and Bogguss released the song as part of Greenwood’s album A Perfect 10. The song reached No. 12 on the Billboard Country chart. In addition, it also entered the Canadian chart.
Greenwood and Bogguss were nominated for Grammy’s Best Country Vocal Collaboration.
There is a recording of this song by Keith Whitley, but it was not included on any of his albums.
Hopelessly Yours, Lee Greenwood, Suzy Bogguss
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Freddy Fender’s “Before The Next Teardrop Falls” Is Romantic Enough To Wreck You
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!