“Whatcha Gonna Do with a Cowboy” is a song that Garth Brooks and Mark D. Sanders wrote. American country music artist Chris LeDoux with Garth Brooks recorded the track. Released in July 1992, it was the first single from his album Whatcha Gonna Do with a Cowboy. In September 1992, the song reached number 7 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart. Brooks was LeDoux’s partner, and he received chart credit in Canada. “Whatcha Gonna Do with a Cowboy” debuted at number 49 on the US Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of July 25, 1992.
Some people think that LeDoux’s is one of the most underrated country singers.
People know Chris mostly for influencing the highest-selling country music artist of all time, Garth Brooks. In 1989, Chris Ledoux and his music came to distinction. This was the time when Brooks included his name in his debut hit “Much Too Young (To Feel This Damn Old)”. Brooks’ name-drop would give LeDoux a bigger fan base. On the other hand, Chris never really got the credit he deserved
Whatcha Gonna Do with a Cowboy
The album with the same title Whatcha Gonna Do with a Cowboy did well, too. The song compilation is Chris’ 24th album and second for Liberty Records. The two tracks released singles were “Whatcha Gonna Do with a Cowboy” and “Cadillac Ranch”. The first single, a duet with Garth Brooks, became his most successful single. “Whatcha Gonna Do with a Cowboy” occupied the number 7th spot on the Hot Country Songs chart in the US and the 5th in Canada. “Cadillac Ranch”, the second single, reached numbers 18 and 16 in the US and Canada, respectively. For the album, it peaked at No. 9 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. Also, it was No. 5 on the Canadian RPM country albums chart. The RIAA certified Whatcha Gonna Do with a Cowboy Gold.
At a young age of 56, LeDoux passed away in 2005 because of cancer.
Chris LeDoux, Garth Brooks, watcha gonna do with a cowboy
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend