In 2011, LeAnn Rimes released her eleventh studio album Lady & Gentlemen. In her album, she covered all songs from male country singers who are known in the industry. Rimes also included two original recordings “Crazy Women” and “Give.” She also included the song she covered in the past that brought her to fame, “Blue.” On her recording of the song “Blue,” Rimes was accompanied by The Time Jumpers.
Here is the tracklist of the songs Rimes recorded for her album.
- “Swingin’” by John Anderson
- “Wasted Days and Wasted Nights” by Freddy Fender
- “The Only Mama That’ll Walk the Line” by Jim Alley
- “I Can’t Be Myself” by Merle Haggard
- “16 Tons” by Tennessee Ernie Ford
- “Help Me Make It Through the Night” by Kris Kristofferson
- “Rose Colored Glasses” by John Conlee
- “A Good Hearted Woman” by Waylon Jennings
- “When I Call Your Name” by Vince Gill
- “He Stopped Loving Her Today” by George Jones
- “Blue” by Bill Mack
- “The Bottle Let Me Down” by Merle Haggard and the Strangers
- “Crazy Woman” by LeAnn Rimes
- “Give” by LeAnn Rimes
Waylon Jennings’ “A Good Hearted Woman”
We are going to take a look on one of the songs from her Lady & Gentlemen album. “A Good Hearted Woman” has been one of Waylon Jennings best songs he recorded. The song was written by Jennings and Willie Nelson in 1969. Jennings released the song in 1971, and it hit the chart at No. 3. When he collaborated again with Nelson to record the song, the outcome became a huge success to both of them. Their recording reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Moreover, the song secured a spot on the Billboard Hot 100. They even won the CMA’s Single of the Year.
LeAnn Rimes’ Version
LeAnn Rimes’ cover of Waylon’s song did not enter the Billboard chart. Her singles that were able to secure a spot were “Swingin’,” “Crazy Women,” and “Give.” But her album reached No. 7 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. Moreover, it placed at No. 32 on the Billboard 200 chart. Even if her recording of “A Good Hearted Woman” did not secure a spot on the Billboard, LeAnn Rimes proved that she could perform a male version song as good as the original recording.
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- Wanda Miller: 8 Fast Facts About Kenny Rogers’ Other Half,
- Mickey Guyton and Husband Grant Savoy: The Perfect Match
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Kenny Rogers and wife Wanda Miller: Love That Bridged The Gaps
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?