“When I Call Your Name” is an award-winning and chart-topping song written and recorded first by Vince Gill. He wrote the song in 1989 and recorded it as part of his same-titled album. The single was released the following year. In addition, Gill was backed up by country singer Patty Loveless.
Gill’s song is an award-winning song. He brought home a Grammy Award for Best Male Country Vocal Performance in 1990. Moreover, his song was nominated for Best Country Song during the 33rd Grammy Awards. “When I Call Your Name” won CMA’s Single of the Year in 1990.
Chart Performance of “When I Call Your Name”
The song performed well on the chart as it reached number two on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. In addition, it also entered the Canadian chart at number five. Meanwhile, Gill’s album also performed well on the chart. The album reached number two on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart.
Just like any other award-winning song, “When I Call Your Name” doesn’t differ. Its popularity became one of the reasons why some artists such as LeAnn Rimes, Jo Dee Messina, Amy Francis, and many more recorded the song. In here, we are going to take a look on LeAnn Rimes’ cover of “When I Call Your Name.”
In 2011, LeAnn Rimes released her album Lady and Gentlemen. Her album is comprised of thirteen different songs from male country artists. Rimes covered songs of Waylon Jennings, Vince Gill, George Jones, Merle Haggard, and many more. But today, we are going to listen to her version of Vince Gill’s “When I Call Your Name.”
Rimes’ version was a little bit different from Vince’s version. Her voice is a bit more powerful than Vince. Rimes changed the country version of Vince into a more pop version but, it was still an excellent performance for her.
LeAnn Rimes, Vince Gill, When I Call Your Name
- Billy Ray Cyrus’ Net Worth and Other Things You May Not Know About the Country Singer
- Get to Know the Children of The Country Legend, George Jones
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- What Happened to Blake Shelton’s First Wife, Kaynette Williams
- How Alan Jackson Helped His Daughter Through the Heartbreaking Loss of Her Husband
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?