We’re pretty sure the gorgeous country singer LeAnn Rimes is all smiles—and she has every reason to be in a celebratory mood right now.
Two decades ago, her famous rendition of the popular power ballad, How Do I Live made history after it was certified as a platinum hit.
Recounting the journey behind Rimes’ hit song is simply mind-blowing. When the song was first pitched to LeAnn, she was only 14-years-old, had lots of naysayers behind her back, not to mention she was also made to go up against a stronger, more established competitor, Trisha Yearwood. In the end, the then-upcoming hit Con Air, decided to use Yearwood’s version instead of Rimes’ recording of the song.
The rejection seemed to be a blessing in disguise because Curb records decided not to let such amazing talent and heart go to waste. After Rimes’ rendition was pitched to pop radio by Mike Curb, head of Curb record label, How Do I Live surpassed all other covers of the song and soared to its success.
Despite Rime’s version of How Do I Live being categorized as pop instead of country, that didn’t stop fans and listeners worldwide to respond positively to it. As a result, Rimes found her name and the song on the Billboard Hot 100 for a record-breaking and astounding sixty-nine weeks! In other words, the track was recognized as one of the top 100 singles spanning all genres of music.
During its unbelievable streak, Rimes jumped from the 10th spot to the top 2 slot in a short amount of time. It was then that LeAnn Rimes was awarded
a prestigious RIAA platinum certification on September 8, 1997. And so, 25 years later, here’s a toast to another impressive milestone for the renowned country songstress!
If you’re a huge fan of LeAnn Rimes and How Do I Live, take a trip down memory lane by watching the video below while you sing the lyrics to your hearts’ content.[like_button]
20th, how do i live, leann rhymes, platinum
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Get to Know Jeff Dunham’s Children and His Life as a Father
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life