The Weight of These Wings is the 6th studio album released by country music royalty, Miranda Lambert. It was recorded from 2015 to 2016 until it was finally released in November of the previous year via RCA Records Nashville. On its debut, it snagged number 1 on the Billboard Country Albums chart while it settled on the top 3 spot for the all-genre US Billboard 200.
The album comprised two discs—Disc 1 was titled The Nerve and Disc 2, The Heart. The overall arrangement of the album from the musical pieces up to the packaging and presentation shows that it truly is a divine work of art crafted by the country singer for her beloved fans.
But there is more to the album than its external aesthetics, and this is something that the lovely Miranda Lambert took to disclose to her audience during the celebration of The Weight of These Wing’s double platinum status.
It was a warm Tuesday night on September 19, and the venue was filled with Lambert’s live collaborations with the co-writers for her album, along with star-studded guest performances for her special acoustic concert. In the midst of her show, Lambert finally revealed that the album represented two sides of her love life at present: One is her recent divorce with Blake Shelton, while the other side of the coin depicts the current relationship she shares with Southern soul and R&B singer, Anderson East. “It’s a double record, and it’s very much a story of my last couple of years and all the things you go through in life.”
For Pushin’ Time, one of the songs included in Disc 1, she discloses that it was initially inspired by the words East said to her after they had a fight. As their fight began to escalate, Miranda asked him if he was about to break up with her. To which her boyfriend sweetly responded, “Not for another 60 years.” The song was co-written by Lambert with Hemby and Foy Vance.
Other backstories she revealed for her latest album include Vice, Tin Man, and To Love Her.
Miranda Lambert is truly a master at writing and performing songs that will speak directly to her listener’s minds and hearts.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More