There’s no use keeping you in suspense. Go ahead and watch the following clip.
“Why Me Lord” with the Country Stars
Wasn’t that a glorious sight? It was like the stage lit up! Much as we love seeing country singers flock around Kris, we appreciate that they put Jesus at the center of that event. And have you noticed their radiant faces while singing?
Bet you folks are familiar who the singers are, but allow our indulgence to name them all. We have our country queens: Alison Krauss, Reba McEntire, Lady Antebellum, Martina McBride, Lee Ann Womack, Jennifer Nettles, Rosanne Cash and Emmylou Harris. For our gallant men, we have Willie Nelson, Jon Randall, Larry Gatlin, Jessi Alexander, Jessi Colter, Rodney Crowell, Dierks Bentley & The Travelin’ McCourys, Darius Rucker, Jamey Johnson, Hank Williams Jr., Eric Church and Shooter Jennings.
Our Happy Tears
Praise God for saving Kris which inspired him to write “Why Me Lord.” It has become a gospel standard to last generations. We’re also thankful that his life testimony became a powerful witness that anyone can change. No one is beyond God’s reach.
Kris is also known for other hits such as “Me and Bobby McGee”, “For the Good Times”, “Sunday Mornin’ Comin’ Down”, and “Help Me Make It Through the Night”.
A Christian, it’s not surprising he had a close association with the late Johnny Cash. Unlike Cash who spent his golden years participating in various causes, Kristofferson toured extensively.
Prayers for Kris Kristofferson
Now in his 80’s, he now suffers pugilistica – a form of dementia similar to Alzheimer’s. He took Lyme-disease treatment for three weeks and the result came out positive. He may still have memory issues, but he’s better with his current treatment than the previous. Still, it’s best to keep him in our prayers.
country artists, gospel, kris kristofferson, why me lord
- Little Girl Superbly Delivers Willie Nelson’s “Always on My Mind”
- One Good Deed: Country Music Star Left $1,000 Tip to Waitress Working Double with Daughter
- Kelly Clarkson Renegotiates Talk Show Contract Amid Divorce With Brandon Blackstock
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List
- “Islands in the Stream”: A Duet by Kenny and Dolly
- The Battle of Versions: LeAnn Rimes’ vs Trisha Yearwood’s “How Do I Live”