Becky Hobbs and Candy Parton were the geniuses behind the song “I Want to Know You Before We Make Love”. American country music artist Harold Lloyd Jenkins or famously known as Conway Twitty made a cover of it. Released in July 1987, the song was the second single from his album Borderline. The song peaked at number 2 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart. This song was the runner-up of “Fishin’ in the Dark” by The Nitty Gritty Dirt Band.
The Meaning of the Song
The song is about getting to know the person you love before lust. Before becoming too intimate with someone, we have to have a deep connection with him or her. The real sense of discovering something missing completes you. This discovery cannot be taken from random hookups or from long-term lovers that you do not have a very deep connection with. Opening up to the person you love and making an effort to get to know the person first are vital before doing the act. It is more about what happens before and after than during the deed—that is where the real difference is.
The Album Borderline
Borderline was one of Conway Twitty’s last big hit albums. The album reached the top 25 and produced three Top Ten country singles, “That’s My Job,” “Julia,” and “I Want to Know You Before We Make Love”. “That’s My Job” with the latter two both occupied the second spot.
Though Twitty continued to prosper throughout the end of the 80s, his career began to slide slightly (early 90s). Even so, he remained to have loyal fans, selling both records and concert tickets until his sudden death. He suffered an abdominal aneurysm in the summer of 1993.
Many looked up to and mourned for Twitty. Many of his fans were not just country music fans but all kinds of people.
Twitty’s record of over 40 number one hits was legendary, matched only by George Strait in 2009.
before we make love, conway twitty, i want to know you
- Who Is Laine Hardy Dating? The American Idol Winner Is Super Tight-Lipped about His Love Life
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Watch Scotty McCreery’s Spine-Tingling Rendition of “Hello Darlin’”
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music