The pain of losing someone is unbearable. You do not know how to deal with what you feel. You do not know if you should get mad, cry or even feel nothing at all. Death has a huge impact on our lives, but most of the time we hold on to the belief that one day we will see the people we love in heaven. However, how certain are we that this will happen?
Will We See the People We Love in Heaven?
It was mentioned in the Bible many times that we would recognize the people we love when we reach heaven. We will be having our earthly bodies in heaven. However, we won’t spend most of our time with the people we love, but we will spend our time with the people we love praising and glorifying God. Heaven is God’s place, therefore, everything we are going to do there is praising God and live happily every single day of our life.
But now he is dead. Why should I fast? Can I bring him back again? I shall go to him, but he will not return to me.” -2 Samuel 12:23
These words from the Bible is an assurance for us, therefore let us not feel sad because one day we will meet the people we love once again.
Kitty Wells’ “How Far is Heaven”
Kitty Wells recorded the song “How Far is Heaven” written by Tillman Franks and Jimmie Davis at the beginning of her career. The song was recorded two years before she released her first No. 1 song “It Wasn’t God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels” in 1952.
“How Far is Heaven” is a story of a little girl who is waiting for her father to come home, but her mother told her that her father went to heaven. She asked her mother how far heaven is because she will be going there to see her dad. She misses her father so much that she wants to know where heaven is. It was also mentioned in the song that the girl believes she will see her dad someday in heaven. At least she knows and believes that she can see her dad one day. She doesn’t have to worry because the Bible has already said we will meet our loved ones again.
how far is heaven, kitty wells
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- 15 Top Kenny Chesney Songs Over 25 Years of Country Music
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross