Kitty Wells, the Queen of Country Music, who is also best known for her song “It Wasn’t God Who Make Honky Tonk Angels,” did an excellent job with “Heartbreak USA”. Though it was her second and last single to peak at number one. The rest of her songs either reached the top ten of the charts or less. Whether her song is in number one or in the top 10 or not, Wells still did an amazing job with every song she sang.
The Song’s Content
“Heartbreak USA” is a story of a woman who is waiting for her lover to return home from the war. Like always, waiting is a very hard thing to do. First, it makes you miss the person you love. Second, you are afraid that that person might be doing something else that will break your heart. As the woman mentioned in her song,
“Don’t let those Geisha girls get your heart in a whirl.”
She is worried that he might be cheating on her and so she wanted him to remember that she is waiting for him in pain.
The war truly has nothing good to give each and every one of us. It ruins lives and takes them away. It brings no peace in any kind or form. And in this case, the woman is in constant worry as she waits for her lover to return home, heartbroken because of how the narrator felt.
“Heartbreak USA” Performance
“Heartbreak USA” was written by Harlan Howard in 1961. Performed by the Queen of Country Music, Kitty Wells. She made it peak at No. 1 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs for 4 weeks in 1961. Then remaining on the charts for 23 weeks. This was Wells’ last no.1 song on top of the charts. Though she still has some top performing songs it didn’t peak at No. 1.
“Heartbreak USA”, for everyone waiting for the person they love to come back home.
Did you like this article? If so, you can read more at www.countrythangdaily.com or like us on our Facebook page (Country Daily)
heartbreak usa, kitty wells
- An Estate Fit for a King: Here’s an Exclusive Tour Around George Strait’s Texas Mansion
- Gone Too Soon, His Father’s Legacy Lives On: Watch Jesse Keith Whitley’s “Don’t Close Your Eyes”
- Kevin Costner and wife Christine Baumgartner: The Ultimate Love
- Intriguing 11 Narvel Blackstock Facts to Know
- Do You Remember Morgan Wallen’s ‘The Voice’ Audition Seven Years Ago?
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- 10 Real Facts About Lacey Chabert’s Husband, David Nehdar