The Firsts of Black
It’s almost three decades ago when Clint Black celebrated the success of his album “Killin’ Time”. Such revel was specifically attributed to the singer-songwriter’s earning his first platinum album. Released in 1989, “Killin’ Time” was Black’s first album ever which comprises of 10 songs in total. All of the songs were written or co-written by the singer. “Killin’ Time’s title track, Black’s debut single “A Better Man”, and two more became No. 1 hits buoying the album’s victory.
Black’s efforts while working on the project earned him illustrious merits. The Academy of Country Music Awards (ACM) conferred the singer two trophies. His “Killin’ Time” earned an Album of the Year recognition while “A Better Man” was granted Single of the Year award. Astonishingly, four months after its release, the record went gold. All in all, it has sold over three million copies and it’s available for download on iTunes.
As we reminisce with the singer’s major career success for his first album, let us listen to a video below of Black’s “A Better Man”, his debut single and one of his four No. 1 hits.
The Album’s Tracks
Following is a complete list of the platinum album’s songs.
- Straight From the Factory
- A Better Man
- Nobody’s Home
- Walkin’ Away
- You’re Gonna Leave Me Again
- I’ll Be Gone
- Nothing News
- Winding Down
- Killin’ Time
- Live and Learn
Not only did Black’s career reach its peak that year (1990), his personal life blossomed as well. At his New Year Eve’s show, Black met Lisa Hartman and less than a year later, the two happily tied the knot.
Did you enjoy this piece? If so, please do not forget to like and share it with other country music fans. Also, for your utmost entertainment, you may visit our website at https://www.countrythangdaily.com/.
A Better Man, Clint Black, Killin' Time
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- Meet Randy Travis’ Wife Who Stood By In Sickness and In Health
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Chris Stapleton Sings “Love’s Gonna Make It Alright,” A Song He Wrote For George Strait
- Scotty McCreery Remembers Late Grandfather at Y100’s 8 Man Jam With “Five More Minutes”