The Firsts of Black
It’s almost three decades ago when Clint Black celebrated the success of his album “Killin’ Time”. Such revel was specifically attributed to the singer-songwriter’s earning his first platinum album. Released in 1989, “Killin’ Time” was Black’s first album ever which comprises of 10 songs in total. All of the songs were written or co-written by the singer. “Killin’ Time’s title track, Black’s debut single “A Better Man”, and two more became No. 1 hits buoying the album’s victory.
Black’s efforts while working on the project earned him illustrious merits. The Academy of Country Music Awards (ACM) conferred the singer two trophies. His “Killin’ Time” earned an Album of the Year recognition while “A Better Man” was granted Single of the Year award. Astonishingly, four months after its release, the record went gold. All in all, it has sold over three million copies and it’s available for download on iTunes.
As we reminisce with the singer’s major career success for his first album, let us listen to a video below of Black’s “A Better Man”, his debut single and one of his four No. 1 hits.
The Album’s Tracks
Following is a complete list of the platinum album’s songs.
- Straight From the Factory
- A Better Man
- Nobody’s Home
- Walkin’ Away
- You’re Gonna Leave Me Again
- I’ll Be Gone
- Nothing News
- Winding Down
- Killin’ Time
- Live and Learn
Not only did Black’s career reach its peak that year (1990), his personal life blossomed as well. At his New Year Eve’s show, Black met Lisa Hartman and less than a year later, the two happily tied the knot.
Did you enjoy this piece? If so, please do not forget to like and share it with other country music fans. Also, for your utmost entertainment, you may visit our website at https://www.countrythangdaily.com/.
Clint Black, Killin' Time
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- What Happened To Andy Griffith’s Children: Sam Griffith and Dixie Griffith
- LeAnn Rimes’ unforgettable version of George Jones’ “He Stopped Loving Her Today”
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance