The Pulse Of Radio claimed that Kid Rock has been accused of violating the federal election laws, two months after he said that he might run as a senator for the 2018 midterm elections. Even though Kid Rock is not yet an official candidate, he launched merchandise web at the address KidRockForSenate.com and he was seriously weighing a bid as a Republican for the Michigan seat now and held by Democrat Debbie Stabenow.
Nonetheless, nonpartisan organization Common Cause has filed a case with the Federal Election Commission and the Department of Justice against Rock. They have claimed that by launching his site and selling campaign products, he has become an official candidate and is violating election laws by not registering as one nor disclosing that profits from sales of his merchandise are going towards his campaign.
Warner Bros., Rock’s longtime record label, is named in the case too for “facilitating and acting as a conduit for contributions to the Kid Rock campaign.”
Kid Rock responded in a note on his web site, “I am starting to see reports from the misinformed press and the fake news on how I am in violation of breaking campaign law. 1: I have still not officially announced my candidacy. 2: See #1 and go f**k yourselves.”
Kid Rock’s possible run started to float earlier this year by a local Republican activist named Wes Nakagiri. Nakagiri was the one who suggested that Kid Rock would make a good candidate because he “has name I.D., is an out-of-the-box idea, and it would kind of get rid of that stodgy Republican image.”
Kid Rock has planned to tour next year, at the same time he’d have to be out campaigning if he really does run for the senate seat.
Do you think Kid Rock really violated the election laws? Let us know in the comment section below.
- Overcoming Loss with “Go Rest High on that Mountain” by Vince Gill
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Ryan Upchurch’s “Can I Get A Outlaw” Is In The Hot Seat Right Now. Here’s Why!
- Here Are Some of The Incredible Things You Can Do At Loretta Lynn’s Ranch
- The Incredible Story of How Yellowstone’s Ryan Bingham Got His Role
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?