Music is for everybody and Kevin Sharp proved that with his rendition of “Nobody Knows.” The song was originally performed by R&B artist Tony Rich in his 1996 debut album Words. The song was already a hit before Kevin did his country version. Tony’s song peaked at number two on both the Billboard Hot 100 and Billboard Hot Adult Contemporary Tracks charts.
This was also loved by other countries when it was first released, so Kevin Sharp wanted to do his version of the song.
Kevin Sharps’ Version of “Nobody Knows”
The version of Kevin and Tony for the song “Nobody Knows” are almost somewhat similar. Both are mellow and both did great with singing the song with emotion. One striking difference maybe the instrumental backgrounds that were used since one version is country, but aside from that, both did really well singing the song.
This track was what made Kevin Sharp get his first and only No. 1 on the Country Billboard charts. It was a testament to how well he performed the song and made his fans connect with it. This will always be one of his best songs and what made him start his career in country music.
The night is lonely, the days are so sad
And I just keep thinkin’ about the love that we had
And I’m missing you and nobody knows it but me
Just like any other traditional country songs, the track is about the tragic love story of a man and his lover. It is a song that is very melancholic and will make you reminisce all the good times that you spent with each other. All of your memories together is the only thing that makes you hope that someday, he/she will come back.
The song also talks about our tendency to keep our feelings to ourselves. Showing our vulnerable side is usually frowned upon by society because it is expected from us to always bounce back from our problems. This should not be the case and it is fine to shed a tear from time to time.
Listen to Kevin Sharp’s version here:
Kevin Sharp, Nobody Knows
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance