There is nothing more beautiful than having someone you can lean on. God is someone we can lean on in times of crisis. He is always willing to listen to us. However, God is not only there during our times of trouble. He is with us every day and at any time. Indeed, this is a great joy for all of us.
The Making of “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms”
The gospel song “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms” was inspired by the Bible. Anthony J. Showalter wrote the words in 1887. The hymn was based on Deuteronomy 33:27.
The eternal God is your refuge,
and underneath are the everlasting arms.
He will drive out your enemies before you,
saying, ‘Destroy them!
This book in the Bible states that God, with all his power, will protect us. He will comfort us every day of our lives. What a relief it is to know we are never alone. Aside from being inspired by the Book of Deuteronomy, Showalter wrote the song when he found out two of his student’s wife died. He wrote this to serve as comfort for people who feel that life is dragging them down.
Kenny Rogers Recording
In 2011, Kenny Rogers recorded the song “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms.” His single is included in his twenty-sixth studio album, The Love of God. Rogers didn’t release any of his tracks as a single. Therefore, none of it were able to enter the Billboard chart. However, Rogers’ album entered the Billboard Country chart at number seven. In addition, The Love of God album did secure a spot on the Billboard 200. Its highest rank was on the Billboard Christian chart.
Here’s Kenny Rogers’ version of the hymn “Leaning on the Everlasting Arms.”
kenny rogers, Leaning on the Everlasting Arms, The Love of God
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- Wanda Miller: 8 Fast Facts About Kenny Rogers’ Other Half,
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- Kenny Rogers and wife Wanda Miller: Love That Bridged The Gaps
- Mickey Guyton and Husband Grant Savoy: The Perfect Match
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?