Some people believe that while Conway Twitty has Loretta Lynn, Dolly Parton is to Kenny Rogers and that should not be arguable. True enough, Dolly Parton has made collaborations with ‘The Gambler’ many times and made some songs such as ‘Islands in the Stream’ that etched the Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton tandem so much. While Dolly Parton had sung with different male artists in the past, there is something so magnetizing about the chemistry of these two artists on and off the stage and it is something that people will always see as the two would always share a continuous and unbreakable string of melody.
You Can’t Make Old Friends, Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton
Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton have been good friends for how long now and it is only fitting to sing a song about their friendship. In ‘You Can’t Make Old Friends,’ Rogers and Parton recalled how their friendship started and how it was maintained. It was then accompanied by a montage of the two during their previous duet moments while joining together at one stage as they should.
Rogers said in the first part of the video:
“I can’t think of a more perfect song for the two of us to sing together. Out of everyone in the business, Dolly is my best friend, so naturally it has special meaning for the both of us. It was so good to be back in the studio with her. I’m thrilled to have our relationship documented this way.”
On the other hand, Parton candidly replied with the following:
“There is just something about our chemistry with each other, our friendship, that people really sense what we really feel. To do a song that fits so many people, and certainly us, was an honor. It’s been a wonderful journey, and I’m so glad I’ve been able to walk this road with Kenny.”
Watch the music video below and reminisce with these two:
Dolly Parton, kenny rogers
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Let’s Go Down the River to Pray with Alison Krauss
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage