When Category 5 Hurricane Irma made its landfall, it left thousands of homes, properties, buildings and natural resources wrecked in its wake. It hadn’t even been a month after it followed the devastating Hurricane Harvey and wreaked havoc on both the US, the British Virgin Islands, and several other islands in the Caribbean, Cuba, and the Bahamas.
The overwhelming aftermath left big personalities, including some of our most renowned country artists to step up and lead the movement to send help to all those in the areas affected by the recent storm. Among the country singers who were moved by the calamity was Kenny Chesney. It can be recalled that Chesney had voiced out his strong desire to provide assistance to the victims. In an initial statement, he said,
“I don’t know right now how we’re going to do this. But I want to help. I want to enlist my friends to figure out the best ways to make a difference, to help in whatever ways, small or larger, that we can…Give us a few days to figure this out.”
Not long after, Kenny Chesney finally launched Love for Love City Foundation, an organization dedicated to giving support for Hurricane Irma relief operations. The organization was named after St. John’s nickname, Love City.
Likewise, Chesney has recently begun working on recording a new song that is said to benefit the British Virgin Islands through a fundraising effort.
Individuals or groups interested in helping out through Love for Love City can send their donations either through PayPal, purchasing merchandise from the foundation, mailing a check or sending contributions in cash through ACH transfer, Wire, or Marketable Securities.
Lastly, do look forward to Kenny Chesney’s upcoming new music and stay tuned for other ways by which you can provide support to the hurricane’s victims and help them rebuild their homes and their city.
Kenny Chesney, Love for Love City Foundation
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Let’s Revisit Conway Twitty’s Last Performance of “The Rose”
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend