Life can be tough and we always have to face many challenges. However, not all things in life is permanent. Just like happiness or sadness, everything won’t last forever. Therefore, folks, do not be afraid or be bothered if you are going through something in life. Just like what Keith Whitley says in his song,
“There’s a light at the end of the tunnel.”
Keith Whitley’s Last Album
In 1995, Keith Whitley’s label, BNA, released his final album after his death, Wherever You Are Tonight. The album contained ten tracks all written by Whitley himself. His last album did not make it to the Billboard chart. Only one single from his album reached a spot on the Billboard Hot Country chart. “Wherever You Are Tonight” placed at No. 75.
One of Whitley’s song in his album is “Light at the End of the Tunnel.” This song was written by Keith Whitley and Don Cook. It is a country song that has a beautiful meaning about life and not losing hope despite the darkness.
The Song’s Content
In Whitley’s song, the narrator remains positive in life. He knows that even though he is going through a lot in life, he believes that something good is always waiting for him. In addition, the narrator recognizes that life is challenging, it can break you down at one point but it is not the end.
“I’ve been sheltered and shattered and shaken.”
Whitley’s song also reminds us to not fear life, rather you should learn to take the chance in order for us to know what it is like.
“By lessons that life’s made me learn
There were choices and chances worth taking.”
About the Artist
Keith Whitley was country singer who began his career in 1970. He was recognized by the public when he released his second album L.A. to Miami. Moreover, Keith was married to Lorrie Morgan. Whitley died at the age of 33 because of alcohol poisoning.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Let’s Go Down the River to Pray with Alison Krauss
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage