One of Keith Whitley’s Best Love Songs
Keith Whitley was one of the best country singers who recorded love songs with a smooth voice that can truly make you fall in love with the music. Once again, we will listen to another one of his early hits in 1983. “Homecoming ‘63” became Whitley’s second song on the top 10 of the Billboard Country chart. His first single to enter the top 10 was his hit song “Ten Feet Away.” Both his songs “Homecoming ’63” and “Ten Feet Away” came from his second studio album L.A. to Miami.
“Homecoming ‘63” is a song penned by songwriters Dean Dillon and Royce Porter in 1986. Whitley made the song reach No. 9 on the country chart of Billboard. In addition, the song secured a position on the Canadian chart. The song will bring you back to the past as the story is all about a man who perfectly recalls the night he went to his homecoming with the woman he loves. “Homecoming ‘63” is a nostalgic love story of two people in love and remembering one of the best nights they had in their life. It is a perfect love story that will definitely bring you back to your own homecoming night. The Billboard included this song to be one of Keith Whitley’s Best Songs.
The Music Video
A music video was made where Keith played the lead character in the song and his lovely girlfriend was his wife, Lorrie Morgan. They went back to the place where their homecoming was held and they remember that night together. Even in the video, you can see how Keith and Lorrie are so much in love with each other. They look perfect together.
L.A. to Miami Album
L.A. to Miami was Keith’s second album yet the first one to help him make a name in country music. His album reached No. 26 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. Moreover, his album charted three more songs on the country chart aside from “Homecoming ‘63” and “Ten Feet Away.” Some of his songs that entered the chart were “Miami, My Amy,” “I’ve Got the Heart for You,” and “Hard Livin’.”
homecoming '63, keith whitley
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce