“Only You Can Love Me This Way” is one of Keith Urban’s number one singles on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. It became his 11th among his other top charters. However, before it skyrocketed, the song has an interesting story.
Not to mention, the song was penned in just 15 minutes. Steve McEwan and John Reid, the songwriters, were able to create “Only You Can Love Me This Way” shortly after meeting at a Nashville songwriting camp.
View this post on Instagram
Both songwriters are from the UK. However, they never knew each other. Reid was McEwan’s first friend, so he’d written a song with him only that week. They were in a room trying to talk about something they would connect with. Both needed something to do so McEwan started to play his guitar. Then, Reid began singing along with the melody. Their jam flowed naturally.
Moreover, the two buddies wrote the song quickly. There was not much “ornaments” or image. It is merely a simple song straight to the heart. They pitched the demo tape to Urban which he liked the first time he heard the song. Originally, Reid with his “sweet pop voice” recorded the song as a demo but later changed to a deeper and more American McEwan’s voice. It is because of a better chance of being accepted by Urban.
Only You Can Love Me This Way
Keith Urban recorded and released June 29, 2009. It was part of his album “Defying Gravity.” Due to its success, it penetrated the Billboard Hot 100 at number 34 and Billboard Hot Country Songs chart at number one.
Visit our website www.countrythangdaily.com to read more of our featured gospel articles. Also, follow our Facebook Page, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for more updates. You may also leave your comments below for the country artists, legends, and songs you would like us to feature.
keith urban, Only You Can Love Me This Way
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce