The love story of Karen Fairchild and Jimi Westbrook of country music group Little Big Town will definitely make your heart flutter – especially that it started right here in Nashville.
But did you know the first time Jimi met Karen, she was married to somebody else?
In 2002, the popular country quartet put out their self-titled debut album. Shortly after, Karen went through a divorce – leaving her single. Still, she continued working side by side with the band, including Jimi, for eight years. But love always finds its way that the two talented singers saw their affection for each other growing gradually.
“I think there was always something underlying there that we were trying to ignore,” Jimi said. “Then when the opportunity came, when all of us ended up single at the same time—a very strange turn of events for the band in a lot of different ways—those feelings, you were able to come out with them finally,” he continued. “It was like, ‘We’re single. Let’s get together.’ She has a beautiful heart, and she’s absolutely gorgeous, and I just love her dearly.”
The happy couple tied the knot on May 31, 2006, at an intimate ceremony in Nashville. However, they kept their marriage a secret, and fans did not learn about it until months later.
“I think Jimi and I had a special friendship and connection that blossomed when we were both single,” Karen said. “Sometimes you just have to cross that line and take a chance, and when we had that opportunity, we did. Of course, we didn’t want to mess up the band, but we decided it was worth the risk.”
Almost four years later, Jimi and Karen became first-time parents to their son, Elijah Dylan Westbrook, who perhaps experienced the most wonderful lullabies on the planet.
Jimi Westbrook, Karen Fairchild, Little Big Town
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait