In 2015, Kacey Musgraves performed one of country music’s classic song “I’ve Been Everywhere.” Musgraves stop from touring with her band to perform at the Grand Ole Opry’s Opry Goes Pink, an event for breast cancer awareness month. Musgraves was seen in a pink glittery outfit and a pink scarf. The song is considered to be one of country music’s most challenging song to perform or record. Kacey looks effortless like she was not out of breath or struggling to perform the song. It seems that it seems easy on her as she mentioned all of the states in the US at a fast pace.
“I’ve Been Everywhere”
“I’ve Been Everywhere” is a classic country song first recorded by Lucky Starr, an Australian singer. Moreover, the song was written by Geoff Mack in 1959. The first version of the song are names of places from Australia. However, when Mack wanted Hank Snow to record the song, he was asked to change places in Australia to all the states in North America. However, there are four places in the song that is from Central America and South America.
Hank Snow’s Chart Performance
Hank Snow popularize the song in 1962, making it reached No. 1 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart for two weeks. Furthermore, it remained on the chart for a total of 22 weeks. Snow also made the song secure the No. 68 position on the Billboard Hot 100.
Different Lyrics For Different Country
The song has been changed to different versions depending on the country. There are versions of this song for New Zealand, Great Britain and Ireland, Canada, Germany, and many more.
Watch Kacey Musgraves as she sings the breathtaking and adventurous song of Hank Snow, “I’ve Been Everywhere.”
Hank Snow, I've Been Everywhere, kacey musgraves
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Mongolian Singer Shocks Faith Hill with George Strait Song
- Meet Faith Hill’s Daughters: All Grown Up and Glowed Up
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend