“That Just About Does It” is a song recorded by Vern Gosdin. And, in collaboration with Max D. Barnes, the American country music artist wrote the said track. In September 1989, its release was part of the second single from the album Alone.
As part of its success, the song reached number 4 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart. Additionally, the album, Alone, peaked at number 11 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. The song narrated the ending of Gosdin’s marriage. This track also included his final number-one hit, “I’m Still Crazy”.
Finding country love songs is easy. We have Vern Gosdin’s “Till the End” or “The First Time I Saw Your Face”. Nevertheless, love is country music’s favorite topic. Among these many tracks, we have the “everything-is-going-right, the-boy- gets-the-girl, they-live-happily-ever-after”. But what about the songs that turned out sad, the “happily-ever-after couple breaks up”?
Country might love a love song, but we also want to talk about a breakup. The best way is to express it through a breakup song. And that is Vern Gosdin’s “That Just About Does It”.
Vern Gosdin’s Background
Born August 5, 1934, and died April 28, 2009, Vernon “Vern” Gosdin was an American country music singer. Known as “The Voice”, he had 19 top-10 solo hits on the country music charts from 1977 through 1990. Among his hits, three were chart-toppers: “I Can Tell By the Way You Dance (You’re Gonna Love Me Tonight)”, “Set ‘Em Up Joe”, and “I’m Still Crazy”.
Coming from a big family, Vern Gosdin started singing in Bethel East Baptist Church in Woodland, Alabama. Here his mother played the piano. On Birmingham radio station WVOK, Gosdin, and his two brothers sang gospel. Later, Gosdin moved to Chicago, Illinois. In Chicago, he worked as an operator for the D&G Tap. As a young man, he got inspiration from The Louvin Brothers and The Blue Sky Boys.
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 10 Alison Krauss Songs That Proves She’s One of Country Music’s Most Beloved Voices
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- The Joe Diffie Songs That Turned Him Into An Icon To Many Country Fans