The Making of “Just to Satisfy You”
Waylon and Don Bowman worked together to write the song in 1963. The song talks about a man telling his lover that if she continues whatever she is doing, she might hurt someone or one day she will hurt herself. Jennings first released the song as a solo recording. He released it under his record label A&M. However, the song did not get much recognition because the record label that he released his single with was more known for producing folk songs.
In 1969, Jennings released the song again by including it on his album Just Satisfy You. Since the song was not released as a single, it was not able to enter the chart.
Waylon Jennings and Willie Nelson
Willie Nelson and Waylon Jennings collaborated in 1982 to make the album Black on Black. In this album they worked on, Jennings included his song “Just to Satisfy You.” This time the song became a chart-topping song. “Just to Satisfy You” reached number one on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Moreover, the song reached number forty-two on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The song was also able to enter the Canadian chart at number two.
Their Album Black on Black also entered the Billboard chart. The album placed at number three on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. In addition, it reached number thirty-nine of the Billboard 200 chart. This was their third album together.
Bobby Bare was amazed by Jennings’ recording of “Just to Satisfy You.” Therefore, he decided to record his version. He was the one who told Chet Akins to produce Waylon Jennings’ song.
just to satisfy you, Waylon Jennings, Willie Nelson
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Freddy Fender’s “Before The Next Teardrop Falls” Is Romantic Enough To Wreck You
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!