Sings Precious Memories is a collection of gospel songs which were his personal favorites.
List of the songs
- “Precious Memories”
- “Rock of Ages”
- “The Old Rugged Cross”
- “Softly and Tenderly”
- “In the Sweet By and By”
- “Just As I Am”
- “Farther Along”
- “When the Roll Is Called Up Yonder”
- “Amazing Grace”
- “At the Cross”
- “Have Thine Own Way, Lord”
“Just As I Am”
Charlotte Elliot wrote the gospel hymn “Just As I Am” at the time she felt that she was useless. When her brother was opening a charity bazaar to help people, Charlotte felt that she was useless. The questioning of her role in life led her to be enlightened and to draw closer to God. During her times of doubt her song “Just As I Am” was born.
Cover of the Song
The popularity of this hymn led to many artists recording the song. Some of these artists who recorded “Just As I Am” were Willie Nelson, Chris Potter, Paul Brandt, and many more.
The Meaning of the Song And God’s Love
It is true that not everyone will love us for being who we are. Therefore, sometimes we end up changing ourselves to please other people. However, if we do that, we end up hurting ourselves. The truth is we do not have to change to make people happy and to get attention. Why? That is because God loves us for who we are. God does not care what we have or where we came from. The only thing that matters to God is that we love one another and we love Him back.
God’s love shows forgiveness, faithfulness, and peace. Just like the song “Just As I Am” we should not fear that we will not be accepted by God. We will be, as long as we trust Him.
“Just as I am and waiting not
To rid my soul of one dark blot
To Thee who’s blood can cleanse each spot
Oh lamb of God I come I come.”
gospel, Johnny Cash, Just As I Am
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- Here Are Gay Country Singers You Need To Be Listening To