George Jones and Tammy Wynette Collaborations
When George Jones and Tammy Wynette were married, they have worked together to record a total of nine studio albums. All of their albums entered the Billboard country chart. However, their first gospel album together was the only one which did not enter the Billboard chart. Their uncharted album is known as We Love to Sing About Jesus.
All Music reviewed George Jones and Tammy Wynette’s album and said that the album is not memorable. Their collaboration for this album failed to capture the beauty of the music they produce on their first two albums.
“When it came time to record their first together, they failed to come up with something memorable. Over-produced, overwrought, and under-written.”
We Love to Sing About Jesus Album
The couple recorded most songs written by Earl Montgomery. In addition, they have included a song written by Tom T. Hall (“Me and Jesus”) and Dallas Frazier (“He Is My Everything”). Only one song on their album was able to enter the Billboard charts. “Old Fashioned Singing” reached the No. 38th position on the Country chart. Moreover, it only remained for a total of nine weeks on the chart. Tammy Wynette and Earl Montgomery wrote the song together.
The Song “Old Fashioned Singing”
“Old Fashioned Singing” brings you back to the good old times when music sounds great, God is always the foundation of a family, and going to church is fun. Furthermore, the song mentions songs that George used to record on his gospel albums, such as “I’ll Fly Away” and “Amazing Grace.”
George and Tammy’s song shows the great life in the past where children know how to pray together and go to church to praise God. All of the things they mentioned in their song are old-fashioned yet wonderful life and most importantly, it focuses on God.
George Jones, gospel, old fashioned singing, Tammy Wynette
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Kenny Chesney Is Mourning On The Death Of His Sweet Friend of 15 Years, Maria Rodriguez
- Country Music Awards:CMA, CMT, ACM; How Are They Different?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend