We are not perfect, and that’s a fact! There are instances that our faith will be shaken for it to be stronger. Thus, whatever kind of situation we face — trials — give us the chance to grow as a person. Especially if we have a good relationship with God. Now, let me share with you this wonderful song of Johnny Russell about faith.
John Bright Russell, commercially known as Johnny Russell, rose to fame in 1958. Also, he was regarded as a singer-comedian due to his natural jokes. I wonder if he can do both singing and throwing his best punch lines. Russell is also known for being a superb songwriter. Thus, Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt, Jim Reeves, and other big names in the country music industry recorded his works.
Johnny Russell has always been a bright person since he was a child. Moreover, he started to write songs and enter talent contests when he was 11 years old. Wow, his talent is really innate. Anyway, the legendary Jim Reeves recorded his first song published which was “In a Mansion Stands My Love” in 1960. Throughout his life, Russell dedicated himself to the music industry as an inspiration and an icon.
“Trials to Test Our Faith”
“Just a Closer Walk with Thee” is a gospel song that was performed by various country artists. Above all, some of them incorporated their style and genre in it. Johnny Russell was one of them, incorporating his country vibe.
Anyhow, did you know that the title pertains to a passage in the Bible? Well, you can check, 2 Corinthians 5:7, and James 4:8. It’s a lovely passage to read if we feel incomplete and devastated.
October 8, 1941, marks the first date of the song’s first recording by the Selah Jubilee Singers. So, after 35 years, Johnny Russell made his version. The song entirely focuses on one’s faith in times of trouble. Hence, let us not forget that God is always there for us no matter what happens. Let us take a leap of faith in trusting God, and we will be amazed at His plans for us.
johnny russell, just a closer walk with thee, Selah Jubilee Singers
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce