First No. 1 Song on the Chart
It took Johnny Duncan nine years to finally achieve his first No. 1 song on the Billboard Country chart. Some of his songs entered the Billboard chart. However, they were minor hits only. It’s not until 1976 when his duet with Janie Fricke brought him his first song to reach the top of Billboard.
Johnny Duncan and Janie Fricke’s Collaborations
Songwriters Sonny Throckmorton and Bobby Braddock wrote the song “Thinkin’ of a Rendezvous” for Duncan’s sixth studio album which is a self-titled album. Fricke and Duncan worked together not only with one song but with several songs that reached the top of the chart. They recorded a song written by Kris Kristofferson, “Stranger,” and it reached No. 4 on the Billboard Country chart. Furthermore, Duncan and Fricke released the follow-up song of “Thinking of a Rendezvous.” Their song “It Couldn’t Have Been Any Better” reached No. 4 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. Another song that the two recorded that entered the top of the Billboard chart was their song “Come a Little Bit Closer.”
Duncan’s self-titled album also entered the Billboard chart. The album placed at No. 21 on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. Three singles from the chart secured a position on the chart (“Charley is My Name,” “Thinkin’ of a Rendezvous,” and “It Couldn’t Have Been Any Better.”)
About the Song
“Thinkin’ of a Rendezvous” is a song that tells a story of an unfaithful husband. He meets up with the woman he once knew. They talk about how long it has been since they have been together. He told her also about his wife and children and while they were talking, he was thinking of where they will meet to have to continue their love affair.
The theme of the song may be of cheating but Duncan and Fricke’s performance of this song was outstanding that it reached the top of the chart.
Janie Fricke, johnny duncan, thinkin' of a rendezvous
- LeAnn Rimes Brings Sorrow To New Level With “He Stopped Loving Her Today”
- Kelly Clarkson Will Pay Ex-Husband Brandon Blackstock Nearly $200k Per Month Amid Divorce
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Josh Turner’s 98 year old Grandma Received Standing Ovation for Her Performance
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for July 2021
- “‘Til a Tear Becomes a Rose” was Keith Whitley and Lorrie Morgan’s Only Duet