“Country people not only have their own kind of music. They also have their kind of humor. And good humor it is…Laugh the Country Style”
– Johnny Cash-
Everybody has a silly side, and that includes Johnny Cash.
Instrumentals were simple from guitar, harmonica, banjo, flute, bass, and drums. Good move because they did not overpower but rather, accentuated the storytelling and punch lines. The lyrics are goofy so you would better not take them seriously. Not a few tried to give shades of meaning to them. Better yet, just enjoy the light mood and upbeat tunes while having a good laugh.
Cover Art by Jack Davis
EVERYBODY LOVES A NUT
With the Carter family doing the backup vocals, it’s a fitting opening for the album. The lyrics in itself are classic!
“Everybody loves a nut
, the whole world loves a weirdo
brains are in a rut,
but everybody loves a nut”.
THE ONE ON THE RIGHT IS ON THE LEFT
A hilarious yet at the same time a moralistic message aimed at musical groups who simply just love to argue about politics.
CUP OF COFFEE
The special feature here is Ramblin’ Jack Elliot, the composer, yodeling along with Cash’s drunken ramblings.
THE BUG THAT TRIED TO CRAWL AROUND THE WORLD
(Cash’s own composition)
The tale of a tiny, weenie bug that forsook everything in pursuit of its great ambition, to travel around the world.
THE SINGING STAR’S QUEEN
“Twinkle, twinkle little star..” (‘nuff said)
Why is this not in “At Folsom Prison?”
DIRTY OLD EGG SUCKING HOUND
A relatable song for those who have troublesome dogs.
TAKE ME HOME
Had enough of your wanderlust? This one’s for you.
PLEASE DON’T PLAY RED RIVER VALLEY
I would say that the highlight here is the harmonica playing.
Shed Silverstein on being eaten by a snake.
Sucks to be you when your Birthday becomes your Death Day.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Many May Know “The Yellow Rose of Texas,” But Few Know The Story Behind
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family