If you are a superhero fan, you probably have already watched ‘Logan’ starring Hugh Jackman as Wolverine your X-Men superhero who clawed his way to our hearts as a mutant with adamantium in his body that allows him to self-heal and thus, avoid the natural way of aging. It’s almost like immortality. Nonetheless, there have been a few talks about Hugh Jackman quitting his Wolverine role and true enough, his character died on the last Wolverine franchise. Soon the trailer of the final film, a snippet of Johnny Cash version ‘Hurt’ was tailored to the video and it seemed so fitting hearing this while the video of Hugh Jackman is playing, fighting for his life.
Johnny Cash, Hurt, Logan
‘Hurt’ is the last song performed by Johnny Cash before he died and while everyone knows it was not an original by the Man in Black, it was still one of Johnny Cash’s best montage about his life as its music video featured several phases of his life.
Speaking to an interview, Nine Inch Nails’ Trent Reznor who was adamant about the idea of a Johnny Cash cover spoke about his adoration of the Johnny Cash’s final output:
“I pop the video in, and wow… Tears welling, silence, goose-bumps… Wow. [I felt like] I just lost my girlfriend, because that song isn’t mine anymore… It really made me think about how powerful music is as a medium and art form. I wrote some words and music in my bedroom as a way of staying sane, about a bleak and desperate place I was in, totally isolated and alone. Somehow that winds up reinterpreted by a music legend from a radically different era/genre and still retains sincerity and meaning – different, but every bit as pure.”
It is dubbed as one of the greatest music videos of all time, but take a look at the video below as it was stitched in scenes of Logan. Eerily, it has the same tear-jerking effect:
Johnny Cash, Logan, Wolverine, X-Men
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Look! Alan Jackson’s Three Daughters are Now All Grown Up
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend