If you are looking for an all-female artists album, then John Prine’s album is here for you. For Better, or Worse is an album by Prine which was released in 2016. This was his first album after six years. The last album he released was Singing Mailman Delivers. The album made it to the Billboard chart.
The Album Chart Performance
For Better, or Worse is Prine’s 24th studio album that entered various charts in the US. The album reached the No. 30 of the Billboard 200. It also entered the Billboard Folk Albums at No. 5. Aside from that, For Better, or Worse made it to the Top Country Albums chart at No. 2 and Independent Albums at No. 7. In addition, the album also entered charts outside of the US such as the Belgian and a Dutch chart.
Prine brought together all female artists who are known to record with him. For Better, or Worse is a 15-track album covering songs from various artists throughout the country music and other genres.
These are the lists of artists John Prine worked with for his album.
- Iris DeMent
- Lee Ann Womack
- Alison Krauss
- Susan Tedeschi
- Holly Williams
- Kathy Mattea
- Morgane Stapleton
- Amanda Shires
- Miranda Lambert
- Kacey Musgraves
- Fiona Prine
Here is the tracklist of John Prine’s album For Better, Or Worse.
- “Who’s Gonna Take the Garbage Out”
- “Storm Never Last”
- “Falling in Love Again”
- “Color of the Blues” by George Jones
- “I’m Tellin’ You”
- “Remember Me (When Candlelights are Gleaming)”
- “Look at Us” by Vince Gill
- “Dim Lights, Thick Smoke (And Loud, Loud Music)”
- “Fifteen Years Ago”
- “Cold, Cold Heart” by Hank Williams
- “Dreaming My Dreams with You”
- “Mental Cruelty”
- “Mr. & Mrs. Used to be”
- “My Happiness”
- “Just Waitin’” by Hank Williams
In Spite of Ourselves
This album he released is similar to his album in 1999. The album In Spite of Ourselves has the similar approach where he invited nine female artists to cover classic country songs for his album.
for better or for worse, John Prine
- Kris Kristofferson and Other Artists Praise God Wonderfully with “Why Me Lord”
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Clint Eastwood: The Truth About His 8 Children
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?