It is that first day of the week again when we get consumed by the mundane earthly cares. God forbid we let another twenty-four hours pass by that not a single thought of our Saviour cross our minds.
“Above all wealth and treasures of the earth
There’s no way to measure what you’re worth.”
Is Jesus most precious to you? Then he does not deserve to be a pauper of our time. We sing in one of our hymns how much we need him every hour. Let us see then that our lives reflect that. If he truly is most important and most valuable above all our priorities, then let us shred ourselves of this rat-race mentality that has so deeply infected our society. Yes, we will work hard for a living. And yes, we will give each of our chosen vocations our best, but may they never become our obsessions. May we still be among our ancestors in faith who have made Jesus their grand goal and magnificent obsession!
“Crucified, laid behind the stone.
You live to die, rejected and alone.
Like a rose trampled on the ground.
You took the fall and thought of me, above all.”
Could we take that thought without flinching? That the darling of the heavens would be treated as such? Do our hearts still break upon remembering how much Jesus suffered for the salvation of mankind? For love, our God dies! If that sounds trite to us, then our hearts had become callous.
Here, Randy Travis delivered a beautiful rendition of “Above All.” A Christian himself, he surely meant every line. For now, he is not our entertainer. He is a fellow brother who also desires to bring honor to our Lord. Could we take a break from our busyness and join him in worship to Jesus? With all our hearts and with voices united, could we be one in lifting Jesus high above all lofty ambitions that constantly rival with him?
That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;
gospel, Randy Travis
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Meet Faith Hill’s Daughters: All Grown Up and Glowed Up