On October 18, 1969, Jerry Reed placed “Are You from Dixie (Cause I’m from Dixie, too)” at number eleven on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart. It was one of his singles to penetrate the said chart. It was 49 years ago since then. However, it is one of the great songs to remember “Good Ol’ Boy” of country music.
On the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart, Jerry Reed has three number one songs. These were “When You’re Hot, You’re Hot” which became his very first to peak at number one. Then, “Lord, Mr, Ford” which peaked at number one on August 4, 1973. His last to top the chart was “She Got the Goldmine (I Got the Shaft)” which peaked on September 11, 1982.
Are You from Dixie (Cause I’m from the Dixie, too)
Jack Yellen and George L. Cobb pooled resources for the words and lyrics of “Are You from the Dixie (Cause I’m from the Dixie, too).” It was written back in 1915.
Moreover, various artists recorded and released the song inside and outside of the country music. Nevertheless, the most successful of them all was from Jerry Reed. He released the song on August 4, 1969. It was 54 years ago since its creation. The song was the only single under his album “Jerry Reed Explores Guitar Country.” As mentioned above, the song peaked at number eleven on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
Visit our website www.countrythangdaily.com to read more of our featured gospel articles. Also, follow our Facebook Page, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter for more updates. You may also leave your comments below for the country artists, legends, and songs you would like us to feature.
Are You from the Dixie, Jerry Reed, Lord Mr. Ford, She Got The Goldmine (I Got The Shaft), When you're hot you're hot
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend