The Song “Storms Never Last”
“Storms Never Last” is the title of the song written by Jessi Colter in 1981. The song tells the story of hardships in a relationship, where the couple has to go through difficult times. However, despite all these challenges, they manage to keep their relationship going because they believe that their love matters more than the trials they are going through.
Jessi Colter and Waylon Jennings’ Difficulty
The story of the song is not different from Jessi Colter and Waylon Jennings’ situation before. Waylon’s addiction to drugs caused three of his marriage to fail. His last marriage with Jessi almost led to divorce, but they manage to save it. Waylon went completely sober in 1984 for his son Shooter Jennings.
Waylon Jennings’ Addiction
He became addicted to drugs when he needed to cope with his work. He said in an interview with Gregg Weatherby that he spends $1500 a day for cocaine. His addiction to drugs led him to bankruptcy. Moreover, he was arrested because he possessed cocaine but they lacked evidence so the case was dropped.
The Album Leather and Lace
This single was included on their album Leather and Lace. “Storms Never Last” was the first part of Waylon’s album Music Man in 1980. The single was first recorded by Waylon. Then, they decided to record again the song written by Jessi and sing it together. The single reached No. 17 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
The Album Leather and Lace placed at No. 11 on the Top Country Albums chart. In addition, it secured a spot at No. 43 on the Billboard 200. Another single from their album was able to make it to the chart. Their medley of “The Wild Side of Life” and “It Wasn’t God Who Made Honky Tonk Angels” reached No. 10 on the chart. The songs were classic country songs by Hank Thompson and Kitty Wells.
Jessi Colter, Storms Never Last, Waylon Jennings
- George Strait Honors The Valor Of Police Officers In “The Weight Of The Badge”
- What Happened to Patsy Cline’s Children After Her Death in 1963?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?