Healthy eating is a great way to stay in shape but what makes it an even more enticing lifestyle to adapt is when your idols show you examples on how you can make a green leafy diet truly scrumptious and more enjoyable than it seems.
Featured in today’s recipe special is Jennifer Nettles’ take on one of the today’s in-demand and trendy farm-to-table restaurant side dish, Brussels sprouts. Although Brussels sprouts was never a hit ingredient in dining tables for Jennifer Nettles’ hometown in Georgia, the singer quickly changed her opinion of the leafy green veggie after she discovered a cooking technique that would help enhance its flavor.
She read the recipe in Real Simple magazine, and that’s where she learned that roasting Brussels sprouts helps bring out the hidden sweetness of the said vegetable. After the singer adapted the recipe, she revealed that her family had nothing but praises for her new healthy serving. Even her 4-year-old son, Magnus loves it! Since then, it has been a staple meal during their holiday dinners.
Below are the simple steps to recreating this delectable and healthy Brussel sprouts dish:
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon kosher salt
1 cup pecans, chopped roughly
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, chopped finely
2 lb Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- Heat over to 400 degrees. Toss Brussels sprouts together with the olive oil, pecans, salt, and pepper on a large rimmed baking sheet. After tossing, turn the Brussels sprouts cut-side-down.
- Put the sprouts in the oven and roast for 20-15 minutes or until tender and color turns golden. If desired, you can roast the vegetables until its sides begin to char.
- Serve with a zesty glass of lemon juice to complement this dish’s smoky-sweet goodness.
Got other delicious and healthy recipes you’d like to share? Which recipe from your favorite country singer would you like us to feature next? Be sure to share your comments!
Jennifer Nettles, Recipes
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Who Is Laine Hardy Dating? The American Idol Winner Is Super Tight-Lipped about His Love Life
- Watch Scotty McCreery’s Spine-Tingling Rendition of “Hello Darlin’”
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend